Recipe by startnover
This is a yummy cake!! Very rich and great for any event. It will not be around for long.
Top Review by JOY1998
This is an easy to make, yet delicious cake. I will definitely make this again. I liked that this recipe did not call for evaporated milk as I don't like opening a whole can then only using part of the can. The caramel sauce was wonderful - I think that the sauce sets this cake apart from other similar cakes. Remember to let the cake cool for a couple of minutes and then use a knife to cut around the edges of the pan. This is important as the caramel will stick to your pan unless you do this. Thank you for posting this recipe.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup milk or 1⁄3 cup cream
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare cake according to directions.
- Grease a 9 by 13 pan and pour in 1/2 batter .
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Melt caramel with milk and margarine.
- Remove cake from oven and pour caramel mixture over top.
- Sprinkle with chips and nuts.
- Dot the top with remaining batter and bake 20 more minutes.