Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I was so tired of the typical side dishes. I decided to look on the internet for something new and ran across this one dish that I have been raving about to all my friends. Be sure to make plenty because people will ask for seconds!
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen hash browns, thawed
- 2 cups sour cream (not the light stuff)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix everything together and place in a 9x13 glass casserole dish and bake for about an hour or until a nice light brown crust forms on top.
- Make sure potatoes are tender and the middle is heated all the way through.
- DO NOT USE a 3 quart dish or the middle will not be done.
This was a delicious dish. We had company the night I made it and he asked me to pass the recipe on to his wife. My dh -who is very picky- loved it and told me that I could make this whenever I wanted to. Thanks for sharing.
Yes, these are worth taking seconds. Very easy, very good. I sprinkled more grated cheddar on top and used pam to grease the 9x13" pan prior to pouring in the ingredients. Thanks for an easy, crowd pleasing, recipe!!
I always look for ways to spice up potatoes and this was an easy and delicious way.