Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
Rich, delicious cocoa, perfect for winter. Beats the instant stuff, and takes the same amount of time. Add a dollop of whipped cream, some spices like cinnamon or real vanilla, or a shot of your favorite liquor ( I like bailey's).
- 1 ounce dark chocolate, at least 70% cocoa, broken into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 ounces milk
- No need to crush the chocolate; I just break it up over the mug I am going to use.
- Add the sugar and milk.
- Microwave for about 3 minutes
- Stir or whisk, add a topping, and enjoy!
- You can also make this is larger batches on the stove.
Just heavenly and a breeze to make. I'm giving this recipe 4 stars instead of 5 b/c 3 minutes was way too long to heat this in the microwave. The milk boiled and spilled over. Next time, I'll heat for 2 minutes and whisk. I used 3 squares of Ghirardelli's 72% cacao Twilight Delight, 8 oz. of milk and 1 tablespoon sugar. Delightful. Thanks for posting!