Prep 45 mins
Cook 40 mins
I'm not so sure that these are gourmet but they ARE sinful!
- 5 lbs red potatoes, boiled until almost done and then grated
- 1 large vidalia onion, chopped very finely
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- white pepper
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- Layer the potatoes, onion, cheeses, seasonings. Repeat layer.
- Refrigerate for 1/2 hour before baking.
- Poke the top with a fork and pour the whipping cream over the top.
- Bake at 350ºF for 35-40 minutes.