If you like eggplant hold on to your bippy! This is good! It is not as high in calories as you may suspect.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons dry basil
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten with the salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs eggplants, sliced crossways into 8 slices
- lite olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 3 cups low fat tomatoe based pasta sauce (use ready made or look for a recipe on Zaar)
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated (4oz)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Combine parmesan, basil& bread crumbs, mix.
- 2Drain the eggplant slices on paper towels (slightly salt the eggplant).
- 3Dip the eggplant slices into the the egg white/salt mixture.
- 4Dip into the crumbs and cover well, redip if necessary.
- 5Spray baking sheet with olive oil and place the crumbed eggplant sliced on the tray.
- 6Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 7Spray the top s of the eggplant slices.
- 8Bake for 15 minutes, turn over& spray each slice again with olive oil.
- 9Return to the oven and bake another 15 minutes.
- 10Now spoon 1 cup pasta sauce into a 9x13" baking dish.
- 11top with half the egg plant slices.
- 12Spoon another cup of sauce over the eggplant and a half cup mozzarello.
- 13Repeat with eggplant, sauce and remaining mozzarello.
- 14Sprikle with Parsley.
- 15Return to oven and finish baking for about 20 minutes until the cheese is completely melted& bubbling.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sinful Eggplant (Aubergine) (Sinful for Low Calorie, Considering
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.2
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 21.8 mg
- Sodium 964.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 15.1 g