Recipe by Katyna Nazelrod
My 8th grade Home Ec teacher taught me this one. At first I thought crackers with chocolate...ewww. But they're wonderful cookies. Sweet, crunchy.
Top Review by Brenda Marby
I made these and liked the ease of these cookies, but it was like eating pure sugar. I change the butter amount to 1/2 cup and sugar to 1/2 cup light brown sugar. Much better just spread sugar mixture with a frosting spreader followed the recipe and when chocolate was melted added chopped peanuts over top very good. After my changes i give this recipe 5 stars
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with aluminum foil.
- (This speeds the clean up.).
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place saltine crackers in pan in rows.
- I usually can fit about 24 in the pan.
- In a saucepan, bring the butter and sugar to a boil.
- After it begins boiling, boil for 3 minutes.
- Immediately pour the butter-sugar mixture on the crackers.
- Bake in the oven for 7 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, pour chocolate chips over crackers, and smooth them out after they melt.
- Cool in the fridge until the chocolate has hardened.
- Cut into squares.