Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My 8th grade Home Ec teacher taught me this one. At first I thought crackers with chocolate...ewww. But they're wonderful cookies. Sweet, crunchy.
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with aluminum foil.
- (This speeds the clean up.).
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place saltine crackers in pan in rows.
- I usually can fit about 24 in the pan.
- In a saucepan, bring the butter and sugar to a boil.
- After it begins boiling, boil for 3 minutes.
- Immediately pour the butter-sugar mixture on the crackers.
- Bake in the oven for 7 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, pour chocolate chips over crackers, and smooth them out after they melt.
- Cool in the fridge until the chocolate has hardened.
- Cut into squares.
I made these and liked the ease of these cookies, but it was like eating pure sugar. I change the butter amount to 1/2 cup and sugar to 1/2 cup light brown sugar. Much better just spread sugar mixture with a frosting spreader followed the recipe and when chocolate was melted added chopped peanuts over top very good. After my changes i give this recipe 5 stars
We decided to make these in our FACS class. At first, all of us thought this recipe sounded really nasty. Who would put chocolate on saltine crackers? But, we decided to try them anyway, just to see how they'd turn out. They turned out to be SO good. Our whole school loved them. The principal said they tasted like Heath candybar. The chocolate gives it the flavor of a candybar and the crackers just give it a little crunch. These were delish.