1/3 Photos of Sinful Chocolate Truffle Cake
1 hr 5 mins
The Ultimate Rich Chocolate Truffle Cake. This is not a very high cake, it will be high while cooking and then will fall when it comes out of the oven. Do not panic, it is suppose to be a short cake :) Cake should be placed in refridgerator overnight before taking out of pan and finishing recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2Remove the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan and cover with tin foil, wrapping foil around to the back (this will make it easier to remove cake from pan).
- 3Replace bottom of pan in springform.
- 4Grease and flour bottom and side of pan.
- 5In heavy 2-quart saucepan, combine semisweet and unsweetened chocolates and butter and melt over very low heat, stirring frequently until smooth.
- 6Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
- 7In another bowl with mixer at high speed beat egg yolks and sugar until very thick and lemon colored, about 5 minutes.
- 8Then add the egg yolk mixture to the chocolate mixture, stirring with rubber spatula until blended.
- 9In another bowl with clean beaters, beat a high speed the egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- 10With rubber spatula fold beaten egg whites into chocolate mixture, one third at a time, make sure you fold not stir.
- 11Pour batter into prepared pan, spread evenly.
- 12Bake for 35 minutes.
- 13DO NOT OVERBAKE Cake will firm up while standing and chilling, it is a truffle cake not a standard cake.
- 14Cool cake completely in pan on a cake rack.
- 15When cool refridgerate overnight in pan.
- 16In the morning to remove the cake from pan, run a hot knife, (run knife under hot water) around edge of cake, and unhook spring latch on side of pan and lift off side of pan.
- 17Invert cake onto cake plate, unwrap foil from bottom of pan and lift off bottom of pan.
- 18To decorate top of cake using a fine sieve, sprinkle with confectioners sugar, or I made a heart stencil with paper for valentines day and placed on top of cake to create a heart outline with the sugar.
- 19Refrigerate cake and remove 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sinful Chocolate Truffle Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4950.5
- Calories from Fat 4195
- Total Fat 466.1 g
- Saturated Fat 277.2 g
- Cholesterol 2391.5 mg
- Sodium 2046.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 239.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 75.3 g
- Sugars 107.6 g
- Protein 117.0 g