Recipe by Charlotte J
Absolutely sinful, go ahead, just one bite it won't hurt you. You will also need my recipes for Cream Cheese Fluff #28967 and Golden Lemon Sauce #29110 to top each piece of cake.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I'm not one to lightly tag a carrot cake recipe, no matter how 'sinful' or 'supreme' but when they include mincemeat as an ingredient, well that's another matter! And, guess what ~ THIS CARROT CAKE IS SINFUL, in a very nice way! Took your hints & served it with your Fluff & your Sauce & was absolutely satisfied! Was also most willing to spread the sin around, so enticed several neighbors to try a piece or two as well! This is a very wonderful keeper of a recipe! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Bargain Basement cooking game]
- 9 ounces mincemeat, crumbled
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 cups unsifted flour
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice concentrate
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine mincemeat, carrots and nuts and then toss with 1/2 cup flour.
- Set aside.
- In mixer combine sugar, oil and lemon beat well.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well.
- Stir together remaining 1 1/2 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to batter.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in mincemeat mixture, mixing well.
- Put in a greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake one hour or until pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes; turn out of pan.
- Serve with Cream Cheese Fluff and warm Golden Lemon Sauce.