Recipe by Dienia B.
History of Baking again. Boy do I like this cook book. These bars have cashews in them. Again I haven't made them but can hardly wait.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Sinful, maybe, but absolutely wonderfully so! These are very delicious! I thought the butterscotch flavor might overwhelm everything else, but it didn't & that in combination with the cashews made for wonderful bars! A great keeper of a recipe that I'll be making again! Thanks for posting it! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar recipe tag]
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup cashews
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the first four ingredients together.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly, and press firmly, into the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven.
- Melt butterscotch chips, butter, and corn syrup together.
- Pour over baked crust, sprinkle on cashews. Cool and cut into squares.