Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A nice HOUSE WARMING GIFT! Serve with vanilla ice cream. My choice of apples are granny smiths but use what you like. You can also add 1/4 cup rum soaked raisins to the filling.
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except crust, butter and 1/4 teaspoon sugar.
- Place 1 crust into a 9-inch pie dish.
- Fill with apple mixture.
- Dot with butter.
- Place second layer over filling and fold edges under bottom and pinch them together.
- Cut slits in a couple place on top.
- Brush with water and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 425°F for 40- 50 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown.
YUM-O! Terrific recipe! I used Granny Smith apples and they blended perfectly with the cinnamon, sugar, etc. Thanks for posting!!
Scrumptious! I didn't have any cardamom so I used ginger instead. Also, I have deep dish pie pans and next time would use 7-8 cups of apples instead of 6. I will definitely be making this again, DH love, love, loved it!
Great tasting pie. My whole family really did enjoy this. The cardamon gave it that extra special touch. Thanks for posting this recipe.