Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This rich chocolate and walnut pie is deserving of its name! From the R.S.V.P. section of an April 1986 issue of Bon Appetit magazine. The recipe was requested from the Joie de Vivre restaurant in Chatham, New Jersey.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (3/4 stick)
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 2⁄3 cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1⁄4 cup Frangelico (hazelnut liqueur)
- 2 eggs
- whipped cream, for garnish
- toasted sliced almonds, for garnish
- For Crust.
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Finely grind walnuts with flour and brown sugar in food processor; blend in melted butter.
- Turn mixture into 10-inch pie plate, pressing into bottom and sides.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes; cool.
- For Filling.
- Using electric mixer, cream butter with powdered sugar.
- Blend in chocolate and liqueur.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Pour into crust; chill well.
- Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream and toasted almonds.
Got this link from a friend - the most delicious thing I've ever eaten, very deserving of the name. We top it with toasted almonds & chocolate crumbs..... my go-to potluck dessert!