Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of those easy-peasy desserts that taste so good you can't stop eating it. I don't know about you but for me this can be an invitation to overeat. So I only make this when there is someone to help eat it! I got this great recipe from a Roswell, NM, community cookbook.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 lb softened butter
- 2 sliced bananas
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup additional powdered sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- whipped cream (to garnish) or Cool Whip (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a pie plate, mix the flour, 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and butter which is at room temperature. Press with floured fingers to make a crust. Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned. Cool.
- Add by layers to cooled shell:.
- cream cheese which has been mixed with 1 cup powdered sugar.
- blueberry pie filling.
- Top with whipped cream or Cool Whip. Refrigerate.
Okay.. This is my Husbands Favorite Pie. His mother always makes it for him. It's my turn now so I had to out do her. Being a baker I always have a few tricks up my sleeve. My secret weapon is Coffee-Mate Non Dairy Powdered Creamer. Beat in a 1/2 cup to the Powder Sugar / Cream Cheese mixture! It is KILLER!!! enjoy....
This is really good. The only thing I would do differently is maybe squeeze a little lemon juice over the bananas to keep them from turning. I love the crust and it's so simple.
I love simple recipes that look and tastes good too!! I had been hoping for leftovers but even the people who said they don't eat desserts had some and finished it. Oh well, guess I'll have to make another. LOL. Thanks.