Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
it doesn't taste like diet food. Suitable for home freezing.
Make and share this SIN FREE Butternut Squash Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Put the squash and onion into a large saucepan along with the spices and pour over the stock.
- Bring this mixture to the boil, cover, then reduce the heat and allow to simmer for about 20mins until the squash is tender.
- Once it's ready, pour into a liquidiser or a food processor and blend it until it's smooth.
- Return to the saucepan and reheat it gently.
- Season to taste and serve, garnished with the parsley.
Great Recipe! Good combo of sweet and spicy. I added a bit more cumin and a little dash of cinnamon for more flavor. Will make again.
Amazingly good. DH and I thoroughly enjoyed this soup. I chose it for being dairy-free nothing about the calories. It was the perfect amount for 2. I ground whole coriander seeds and used homemade chicken stock. It's the best squash soup Ive ever tasted. I garnished it with more freshly ground black pepper and a little parsley as I had some previously chopped but I think next time I would try another garnish or just use a tiny bit of freshly ground black pepper without the parsley. I would definitely make this one again if I were looking for a really good tasting butternut squash soup.
Very good, and it DOES taste sinful! I made this with chicken broth, and sauteed the chopped onion and cubed squash in a large enameled cast iron pot before adding the liquid and simmering. In Texas, we like a little spice, so I added a dash of crushed red pepper flakes. YUM! Thank you for a soup I'll make over and over!