Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
it doesn't taste like diet food. Suitable for home freezing.
Make and share this SIN FREE Butternut Squash Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Put the squash and onion into a large saucepan along with the spices and pour over the stock.
- Bring this mixture to the boil, cover, then reduce the heat and allow to simmer for about 20mins until the squash is tender.
- Once it's ready, pour into a liquidiser or a food processor and blend it until it's smooth.
- Return to the saucepan and reheat it gently.
- Season to taste and serve, garnished with the parsley.
Great Recipe! Good combo of sweet and spicy. I added a bit more cumin and a little dash of cinnamon for more flavor. Will make again.
Amazingly good. DH and I thoroughly enjoyed this soup. I chose it for being dairy-free nothing about the calories. It was the perfect amount for 2. I ground whole coriander seeds and used homemade chicken stock. It's the best squash soup Ive ever tasted. I garnished it with more freshly ground black pepper and a little parsley as I had some previously chopped but I think next time I would try another garnish or just use a tiny bit of freshly ground black pepper without the parsley. I would definitely make this one again if I were looking for a really good tasting butternut squash soup.
Very good, and it DOES taste sinful! I made this with chicken broth, and sauteed the chopped onion and cubed squash in a large enameled cast iron pot before adding the liquid and simmering. In Texas, we like a little spice, so I added a dash of crushed red pepper flakes. YUM! Thank you for a soup I'll make over and over!