Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I'm posting this per a request -- at this point, I have not personally tried it but I will do so soon! I acquired the recipe from an old clipping and the original blend was attributed to Victoria Dillard. All the alcohol is dissipated as the sauce boils.
- 2 1⁄2 cups muscat wine (or, any good-quality dessert wine)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (not imitation!)
- 1 lb cantaloupe, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 lb honeydew melon, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 lb blueberries
- Blend wine, honey, ginger, lemon juice, and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and allow the mix to simmer for about 5 minutes, and then remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Combine fruit in a large bowl and pour the cooled liquid over it. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours (cover with cling wrap) before serving.