Recipe by Likkel
Our family has always enjoyed my mother-in-law's simple recipe for Sloppy Joes, but now that I am eating low carb, I needed to change it up. The changes I made seem to work very well and it is still very easy to prepare with easy to find ingredients. I make my own sugar free ketchup, but most stores carry them now. If I don't have some low-carb bread or a low carb tortilla, I will wrap it in a lettuce leaf or sprinkle it over my green salad for a heartier and tasty luncheon salad.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 green pepper (finely diced)
- 1 small onion (finely diced)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar free ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown and break up the ground beef in a large skillet and continue cooking until the meat is no longer pink.Then add the diced green pepper and onion to the cooked beef and continue cooking for a few more minutes.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and ketchup and turn down heat to a low simmer for 15 minutes. Add a little water, if needed, to keep the mixture just moist but, not soupy.
- Serve with some mayo on low carb bread or wrapped in a low carb tortilla or a lettuce leaf or over a tossed green salad. Enjoy!