Recipe by NancysFancies
A comfort food type dish. So easy with great results every time. Even people who don't like pork chops usually love these! Try this recipe once & you'll put it into your file for keeps!
- 4 -6 center-cut pork chops (center cut with BONE IN)
- salt & pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth (OR 1 cup broth & 1/2 cup white wine, if you prefer )
- onion powder
- ginger powder
- 2 tablespoons oil, just enough to lightly cover the bottom of pan. I use olive oil, but vegetable oil can be used
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 dash Gravy Master
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil & then brown the chops well on both sides in the skillet. Once browned, sprinkle each chop with salt, pepper, onion powder, and ginger powder. Add the broth or the broth/wine combo totaling a cup and a half, reduce heat to low & cover.
- Simmer for approximately 45 minutes. Spoon the pan drippings over the chops for added flavor & moistness while cooking. Serve with rice or noodles.
- For optional gravy: Blend 1/4 cup water and 1 tablespoon flour in small bowl until free of lumps. Add this mixture into the pan liquid and cook over low-med heat, stirring until it has thickened (you can always add a little water at this point if needed). Sometimes I add Gravy Master for color.
- I usually put the chops back into the pan for several minutes once the gravy is done to make sure the dish is hot enough to serve.