Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I had this when I was in Sanfo visiting a friend. its so light and sweet. Try it, you' ll know what I mean.
- Heat 1/2 cup sugar in sauce pan to make caramel.
- Watch closely till it turns amber, swirl now and then.
- Pour to individual 5 ramekin cups.
- Let cool to form base of the flan.
- In a pan, heat milk with half and half just till barely simmering.
- If making it coffee flavor, now is the time to put the coffee granules.
- Add the 1/2 cup remaining sugar and stir till dissolved.
- Pour some of the milk mixture to eggs and beat (just to temper eggs).
- Pour the warm egg mixture back to the pan and keep whisking.
- Add in vanilla and salt.
- Pour to ramekins.Place all ramekins in a big pan 13x9.
- Bake 325 oven for 45 minutes bane maria.
- (pouring hot water on the 13x9 pan, working up to 1 inch of water on the ramekins.).