1 hr 5 mins
I had this when I was in Sanfo visiting a friend. its so light and sweet. Try it, you' ll know what I mean.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 1/2 cup sugar in sauce pan to make caramel.
- 2Watch closely till it turns amber, swirl now and then.
- 3Pour to individual 5 ramekin cups.
- 4Let cool to form base of the flan.
- 5In a pan, heat milk with half and half just till barely simmering.
- 6If making it coffee flavor, now is the time to put the coffee granules.
- 7Add the 1/2 cup remaining sugar and stir till dissolved.
- 8Pour some of the milk mixture to eggs and beat (just to temper eggs).
- 9Pour the warm egg mixture back to the pan and keep whisking.
- 10Add in vanilla and salt.
- 11Pour to ramekins.Place all ramekins in a big pan 13x9.
- 12Bake 325 oven for 45 minutes bane maria.
- 13(pouring hot water on the 13x9 pan, working up to 1 inch of water on the ramekins.).
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply the Best Mexican Flan
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.8
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 274.0 mg
- Sodium 216.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 40.5 g
- Protein 7.7 g