Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A combination of different recipes. I couldn't find any one recipe that tasted the way I like bean soup. Try it you will like it.
- Rinse and sort out navy beans.
- In a crock pot cover beans with 4 cups of chicken broth and soak overnight.
- Next day: Do not drain off broth.
- Add 2 more cups of chicken broth.
- Add remaining ingredients .
- Cook on high 3 to 4 hours until ham hocks become tender.
- Remove meat from hocks and cut into small pieces,return to mixture.
- Continue cooking on low for another 6 to 8 hours.
- You may have to add additional chicken broth if soup too thick. If too thin add instant potatoes.
Really delicious! I loved the tomato sauce touch! I made exactly as directed and LOVED IT!
This bean soup recipe is "Simply the best." It is low carb too--no potatoes like most other bean soup recipes. The tomato sauce, celery salt and cider vinegar add just the right touch.
This is delicious! Mine was a bit salty, but that could have been from the ham. Only thing I'd change is to reduce the amount of onion just a little bit and maybe reduce the celery salt, since my soup was a bit salty. Mine turned out very thick, which is how I like my bean soup. Made for Name that Ingredient tag game. Thanks for sharing!