Chef #455078's Note:
A combination of different recipes. I couldn't find any one recipe that tasted the way I like bean soup. Try it you will like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse and sort out navy beans.
- 2In a crock pot cover beans with 4 cups of chicken broth and soak overnight.
- 3Next day: Do not drain off broth.
- 4Add 2 more cups of chicken broth.
- 5Add remaining ingredients .
- 6Cook on high 3 to 4 hours until ham hocks become tender.
- 7Remove meat from hocks and cut into small pieces,return to mixture.
- 8Continue cooking on low for another 6 to 8 hours.
- 9You may have to add additional chicken broth if soup too thick. If too thin add instant potatoes.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply the Best Ham & Navy Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.3
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 9.1 mg
- Sodium 1212.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: