Recipe by Bolistoli
This recipe is from Jean-Georges, New York. I found it on Millie-YOR's blog. Here are some serving suggestions: 1) In a martini glass put a layer of cubed avocado, cubed tomato, cubed mango, crab, one basil leaf for decoration. 2) For a nice luncheon sandwich put a layer of sliced avocado, mango, crab, on a croissant. 3) Take a tall metal ring and put a layer of cubed avocado, cubed tomato, cubed mango, and crab. Push down and compress. Remove the ring and top tower with basil. You can also put baby greens on the side or small chopped tomatoes.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Very, very nice tasting crab salad! I pretty much followed the recipe, although I did cut back a little on the salt & then used lemon pepper in place of the usual pepper, & we really liked the crab & mango combo! Well worth making again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 shallot
- 1 medium tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the dressing: Combine the garlic, shallot, tomato, basil, oil and vinegar in a blender and puree.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- You can make this dressing 2 to 3 days in advance.
- Add enough of the dressing to the crab to moisten it (you will probably not need all of it: use the rest within a day or two as a salad dressing.
- Taste and correct seasoning, if necessary. (You may prepare the recipe in advance up to this point; refrigerate in a covered container for up to 1 day.).
- Serve the crab with the mango on top.
- See above (recipe description) for other serving suggestions.