Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My family's favorite blue cheese dressing--absolutely fabulous! It is even delicious made with fat-free sour cream, low-fat mayonnaise, and fat-free buttermilk. Great as a dip for vegetables or celery sticks served with buffalo chicken wings. This recipe came from a dear friend who graciously shared it many, many years ago.
- 12 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's or Dukes)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Mix all ingredients together, except blue cheese.
- Add blue cheese and mix to distribute evenly.
- (Mixture will be very thick).
- If you like, add a little more buttermilk.
- Pour into large container and store in refrigerator.
- It will keep indefinitely.
Great Recipe & Easy to make! I've added this one to the family favorites already! I found the flavor improved if chilled in the fridge for several hours before eating. Also, if you like a beefed-up bluecheese flavor, then food process 1/2 the blue cheese down to a paste and blend it into the other ingredients.
Another wonderful recipe to add to my recipe collection. The flavors of the sour cream, mayonnaise and buttermilk are a very good base. I used onion flakes instead of onion salt for a bit of crunch, and less sodium. I did add more buttermilk, since I will be using this as a dressing and not as a dip. Definately a repeat recipe. Thanks for sharing!
Great made with all low fat ingredients. I used it for a side with Hot wings!