Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the only way I'll eat liver. The liver has a nice bacon flavor due to the fact that it is lightly cooked in the bacon fat. It also has Durkee French Fried Onions in it to make it extra yummy. Due to the fact that it is baked in a casserole the liver is kept from drying out. If you like liver, you should definately try this - its a real winner. I usually serve it over cooked rice. Enjoy.
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 lb liver
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can Durkee onions
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- In a large non-stick skillet, fry bacon until crisp; remove bacon.
- Cut liver into serving size pieces and dredge in flour.
- Lightly brown liver on each side in bacon fat.
- Arrange 1/2 cup french fried onions in the bottom of a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Top with liver.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thoroughly combine the soups and all except for 1/4 cup of the remaining french fried onions.
- Pour over the liver.
- Crumble the bacon. Sprinkle over the soup mixture.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup french fried onions and bake uncovered 5 minutes longer.