These baked onion rings are incredible! There is no way that you feel like you are eating healthy and low fat when you eat these. This is a slight adaptation of a Yahoo Health recipe. I dip mine in ketchup but my husband is a purist who prefers his plain. And while the prep time can be a little long, make it a social time. I talk to everyone in the house while I make these, and then sit back and enjoy how great they smell as they cook!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Slice the onions width wise and then break them apart into rings.
- Put the flour in 1 bowl, the egg whites into a second, and into the third put the bread crumbs and all the spices (all the rest of the ingredients).
- Dip each onion ring into the flour, then the egg whites, and then the bread crumbs.
- Place them on the baking sheet and then repeat with the next ring.
- Bake them all for about 20 minutes or until crispy.