Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. This is a recipe I came up with just for this contest! I love mexican food and was determined to figure out a delicious, yet different way to prepare Simply Potatoes in a flavorful mexican dish. I came up with Simply Taquitos, and they are muey delicioso!
- 10-12 corn tortillas
- 473.18 ml Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 118.29 ml salsa
- 118.29 ml monterey jack pepper cheese
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ‘Traditional Mashed Potatoes’ (refrigerated), salsa and pepper jack cheese (mix well).
- Wrap corn tortillas in moist paper towels and place in plastic (freezer) bag. Close bag and microwave for approximately 20-25 seconds, or until tortillas are soft/ pliable.
- Remove (1) tortilla from bag and spread some of the potato filling (about 2-3 tablespoons) in the middle of the tortilla. Be careful not to overfill (filling should not spill outside of the tortilla).
- Roll the tortilla inward (as tight as possible) until completely closed. Secure the edge with a toothpick, or you can use two toothpicks (one on each end).
- Repeat until all the potato filling has been used.
- Heat vegetable oil in skillet. Fry however many taquitos will fit on the bottom of the pan without overlapping or overcrowding (about 6).
- When the bottoms are golden brown, flip them over and cook the second side the same way. Be sure to remove any mixture that falls out of the taquitos with a slotted spoon so that your oil does not burn.
- Remove the taquitos from oil and drain on paper towels. Remove the toothpicks.
- Serve with guacamole and sour cream for added flavor!