Recipe by sterlingcook
This recipe was a total accident!! I was making wilted lettuce from another recipe and misread the ingredients not realizing it until the salad was gone and everybody was talking about how good it was....sometimes an accident can make the best recipe!!
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
I love wilted-lettuce salad and this one did not disappoint! Made as written using bagged romaine hearts already chopped. I ate almost the whole recipe for dinner, minus the little bit DH had! Going into my best of cookbook! Made for Best of 2011 Cookbook Tag.
- 1 lb lettuce
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Just before serving shred lettuce with knife.
- In a large skillet fry bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and crumble. (Leave bacon drippings in the skillet).
- Add vinegar to the bacon drippings; heat through. Add green onions and season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Drizzle over shredded lettuce Toss 1 to 2 minutes until lettuce is wilted.