This is the simplest recipe ever! I've canned a lot of pickles, and this is now our favorite sweet pickle recipe. And the beauty of it is there is no water bath required! It has a little kick to it from tobasco sauce. I do NOT like hot, spicey food so I was sceptical at first, but trust me, there is just enough kick to this to make it interesting.
- Drain and disguard juice off pickles. (that's right, throw the juice away).
- Cut into bite-size chunks.
- Place back into original pickle jar.
- Add sugar, tobasco and garlic.
- Put the lid on and set on kitchen counter for two days. When you think of it, shake the jar. There is no liquid added, but juice comes from the pickles after a day or two.
- Place in fridge and enjoy.