1/2 Photos of Simply Sweet Muesli
8 hrs 5 mins
White Rose Child's Note:
If you've never experienced muesli, this one is a good introduction: though filled with nutrient-dense oats, nuts and dried fruit, it's almost sinfully sweet and satisfying. DON'T substitute regular milk; the vanilla here gives an indispensable flavor. Try my recipe below, which you can whip up in a flash.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla soymilk (if you don't have any on hand, try Sweet Vanilla Soymilk)
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1/4 cup honey dates, roughly chopped
- 1 cup apple, diced
- 16 almonds (halved or crushed)
- 2 tablespoons cashew halves (I use both!) or 2 tablespoons walnuts (I use both!)
- 1In a large bowl with a lid, combine the first four ingredients and stir together.
- 2Refrigerate overnight.
- 3When ready to eat in the morning, chop the apple and nuts and stir into the muesli. Bon Appetit!
- 4This recipe is easily halved or doubled. You can also make a large batch and keep for quick breakfasts for 3-4 days. (just don't add the apple ahead of time, of course!).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Sweet Muesli
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.5
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 197.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 29.2 g
- Protein 19.5 g