Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
If you've never experienced muesli, this one is a good introduction: though filled with nutrient-dense oats, nuts and dried fruit, it's almost sinfully sweet and satisfying. DON'T substitute regular milk; the vanilla here gives an indispensable flavor. Try my recipe below, which you can whip up in a flash.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla soymilk (if you don't have any on hand, try Sweet Vanilla Soymilk)
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1⁄4 cup honey dates, roughly chopped
- 1 cup apple, diced
- 16 almonds (halved or crushed)
- 2 tablespoons cashew halves (I use both!) or 2 tablespoons walnuts (I use both!)
- In a large bowl with a lid, combine the first four ingredients and stir together.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to eat in the morning, chop the apple and nuts and stir into the muesli. Bon Appetit!
- This recipe is easily halved or doubled. You can also make a large batch and keep for quick breakfasts for 3-4 days. (just don't add the apple ahead of time, of course!).
This was delicious! I used steel cut oats to give it a bit more crunch, and changed the apple to banana. Over the winter I like eating hot oatmeal for breakfast, but in the summer I like to have something cool and refreshing, but still filling like oatmeal. I think this will be my new favourite summer breakfast!
Simply wordeful!!! I used regular milk with a dash of vanilla and I left out the cashews. I did buy some cashews but I eat the m all before I manage to make this muslie... Next time I will add some thought. I also added more milk to it, I doubled the ammount. I enjoyed it so much, as a late night snack but I think it will be a regular breakfast as well in the future. Oats can be now healthy and tasty! Thanks so much for sharing!
I really enjoyed this this morning for breakfast! I halved the recipe and did use regular milk, but added vanilla to it! It was so good and naturally sweet! Thank you, I'm so glad I adopted you for Pick a Chef!