Recipe by Lorac
Simply cook 4 ingredients together and add parsley. A delicious and easy side dish.
Top Review by Leta
This is a wonderful recipe for red cabbage...the genuine article. Just as I remember Blau Kraut from my days in Germany. I made 1/2 the recipe, but just as written. Traditionally I've seen it served with hard boiled eggs and cheese as a light supper. I ate it as a side with hamburger patties.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 12 cups thinly sliced red cabbage (about 2 lbs)
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large pot.
- Over medium heat add 4 cups of cabbage and stir 1 minute.
- Add remaining cabbage, 4 cups at a time, and stir until cabbage is wilted.
- Mix sugar and vinegar, then add to cabbage and mix well.
- Cover and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes (add a little water if the cabbage gets to dry).
- Season to taste and stir in parsley before serving.