Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Have not tried this yet.
- 1⁄2 cup Kikkoman soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb fresh spinach, washed and drained
- 1 bunch green onion, and tops cut into 2-inch lengths (separating whites from tops)
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes and well drained
- Combine soy sauce, sugar and 1/2 cup water.
- Brown beef in Dutch oven or large skillet over medium heat, stirring to break beef into large chunks.
- Add yellow onion and cook 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce mixture, tofu, white parts of green onions and mushrooms and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until tofu is seasoned with sauce, stirring occasionally.
- Gently stir in spinach and green onion tops and cook until spinach wilts.