Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
It's strawberry season and what could be better than fresh strawberries served this way.
Make and share this Simply Strawberries recipe from Food.com.
- fresh strawberries, washed, hulled, and dried
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup creme fraiche or 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Arrange strawberries in a large bowl.
- Put sour cream and brown sugar into two smaller bowls.
- To serve, let each guest dip a strawberry into sour cream and then into brown sugar.
Instant family favorite! We used creme fraiche with this...and WOW, was it delicious! Thanks so much for sharing!
One of our very favorite desserts! First had this in Chicago at the now defunct Jonathan Livingston Seafood restaurant in 1977 - they called it ~Ship Dip~! I've been serving it ever since. So simple - so delicious! I now use "brownulated" brown sugar. Domino calls it "the light brown sugar that pours." Try it, bet you'll love it! Thanks for sharing this, Dojemi.
This is wonderful. The sour cream and brown sugar combine to almost a cheesecake like flavor around the strawberry. Mmmmm. Thanks for posting.