1/4 Photos of Simply St. Patty's Sunrise Skillet #5FIX
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. You say you don't want to make a large, traditional St. Patrick's Day meal this year, but you still long for the great taste? Here is a "Simply" wonderful way to still experience the Holiday without the hassle. It makes a terrific brunch item. It is so quick and easy, and the best part is that you can make it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I've made this dish for all 3 meals (but not in the same day, of course). *NOTE: You could also throw in some beaten eggs and shredded cheese for a super simple breakfast omelet, frittata or quiche (see photos) that the whole family would love. And if you did happen to make a full-blown corned beef and cabbage dinner, use the leftovers (following steps #4, #5 and #7) for a simple and quick meal. Endless possibilities with this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour the potatoes into a dutch oven or (large sauce pan) and fill with just enough cold water to cover the potatoes by 2". Add the salt to the water and stir.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium high heat. When water begins to boil, turn the heat down and simmer the potatoes (covered, stirring occasionally) for approx 5-6 minutes.
- 3Now add the shredded coleslaw mix to the pot, return to a simmer, and continue (covered, stirring occasionally) for another 6-8 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, dice up the can(s) of corned beef, (roughly the same size as the potatoes).
- 5Place the vegetable oil in a large skillet.
- 6Drain potato and coleslaw when they are cooked thru.
- 7Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and add in the diced corned beef. Fry for approx 3 minutes, then toss in your potato and slaw mixture. Fry for approx 5 minutes (stirring occasionally) until meat and veggies are crisped to your liking. Season to taste. It's as simple as that. You have your meal without the time and work. You may also choose to add some beaten eggs and shredded cheese to this recipe and make it into a breakfast omelet, frittata or quiche (see photos). The possibilities are endless. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply St. Patty's Sunrise Skillet #5FIX
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.0
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 1557.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 16.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion