Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Samosas are a traditional Indian appetizer filled with potatoes, onions and spices. The Simply Potato Diced Potato with Onion, along with purchased pesto make these super easy to prepare. These are baked and therefore a lighter version than the traditional deep fried ones.
- 198.44 g pesto sauce, divided
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes (more if you like things really hot)
- 566.99 g Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 236.59 ml regular sour cream or 236.59 ml light sour cream
- 425.24 g refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 1) Heat 3 ounces of pesto, red pepper flakes, and Simply Diced Potato with Onion over medium heat in a 10” skillet for 5-8 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat.
- 2) Combine remaining pesto sauce and sour cream in a small serving bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve. Here you can add additional hot pepper flakes if you want more spice.
- 3) Press, or roll out pie crusts into squares about ¼” thick. With a sharp knife, cut each crust into 10 squares. Divide filling up equally among the 20 squares and fold each over on the filling on a diagonal. Firmly press the edges to seal the triangle filled samosas. Place samosas onto a non-stick baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4) Serve with pesto sour cream dipping sauce.