1/47 Photos of Simply Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
Deb's Recipes's Note:
Easy to assemble, deliciously creamy and a great choice for once-a-month cooking. And there is NO canned cream soup in my enchiladas -- Hope you give them a try!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken breast, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas, softened
- 1 1/2 cups grated monterey jack cheese or 1 1/2 cups Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1In frypan, cook chicken and onion together in oil over medium-high heat until chicken is just done.
- 2Divide cooked chicken evenly between 8 tortillas; add 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese to each tortilla.
- 3Roll enchiladas and place seam-side down in 9x13" baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with no-stick cooking spray.
- 4Melt butter in a medium saucepan; stir in flour to make a roux; stir and cook until bubbly; gradually whisk in chicken broth then bring to boiling, stirring frequently.
- 5Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and green chiles; pour sauce evenly over enchiladas.
- 6Top with remaining 3/4 cup cheese (baking dish may be double-wrapped and frozen at this point) and bake at 400F for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce near edges of baking dish is bubbly.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.3
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 85.3 mg
- Sodium 755.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 24.3 g