Recipe by Dyan C.
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Love the flavors already in the Steamable Rustic Italian Seasoned Russet Wedges, and the addition of Smoked Gouda, Carmelized Sweet Onions and Cremini Mushrooms makes wedges a creamy side dish or incredible vegetarian entree!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes (rustic italian seasoned russet wedges)
- 6 ounces cremini mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 ounces smoked gouda cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Prepare the Simply Potatoes Rustic Italian Seasoned Russet Wedges.
- as directed on the package and keep warm.
- 2. In a non-stick pan, slowly cook the mushrooms and onion until well carmelized. The onions should be medium brown and the mushrooms soft, but not mushy.
- 3. Add the balsamic vinegar to the onion mixture and stir well. Add the warm potatoes and mix gently until well combined with mushrooms and onions.
- 4. Add shredded Smoked Gouda cheese and let cheese melt all over.
- Serve hot.