Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a easy pot roast that I like to make when it starts getting cooler.
- 3 lbs pork roast or 3 lbs chuck roast
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- Cut up the roast to fit into the slow cooker.
- Then sear both sides of each piece of meat in a skillet. About 30 seconds to 1 mintue each side.
- Cut up all the vegetables and mix them in a big bowl.
- Then layer the meat and vegetables in a slow cooker. Add the lemon juice and water.
- Finally turn the slow cooker on low and cook for 6 to 8 hours.
Reminded me of dinner time with my Mom when I was a little girl. Wonderful comfort food. I used carrots instead of bell pepper (hubby doesn't like them) and chicken broth instead of water. I ended up seasoning as it cooked with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic salt and a few more splashes of lemon juice. Hubby said it's a keeper.
The roast was very moist and flavorful, and the vegetables were very tender. I thought the addition of the lemon juice really added the extra boost of flavor that I have never had with other crock pot roasts. Thanks cheesygiraffe. Made for 2009 Fall Pick-A-Chef.