Recipe by Jessiesgirl31
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. With two active teenage boys I always needed a quick recipe. After my son came home telling me about his friends mom's Shepherd's Pie I set out to create a simple yet tasty alternative and this is what I came up with. We are a "meat & potatoes" kind of family and my kids love it!
- 1 (24 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 (8 ounce) cans beef consomme or 2 (8 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 tablespoons self rising flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef over medium heat and season as desired. Drain, return to pan at medium high heat and add 2 tablespoons flour. Stir until you no longer see the flour. Add 2 cans beef consume and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes to thicken, stirring often.
- Pour beef mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 pan and top with shredded cheese. Spread Simply Potatoes Mashed Potatoes over cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
- Option: Top with Pillsbury Cresent Rolls before baking for a more traditional Shepherd's Pie.