Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found this recipe years ago on www.kraftfoods.com. It has become a Fourth of July staple in my household. http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/simply-sensational-strawberry-shortcake-92063.aspx
- 295.73 ml cold milk, divided
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 532.32 ml baking mix
- 96.38 g Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 226.79 g Cool Whip Topping, thawed, divided
- 946.36 ml sliced fresh strawberries
- 78.07 ml sugar
- HEAT oven to 425°F.
- WHISK 1/2 cup milk, sour cream and 3 tablespoons sugar in large bowl until blended. Add baking mix; stir just until moistened. Spread onto bottom of 9-inch round pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 12 to 15 minute or until golden brown. Cool 10 min.; remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
- BEAT pudding mix and remaining milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 minute Stir in half the COOL WHIP. Toss strawberries with 1/3 cup sugar.
- CUT cake horizontally in half; stack layers on plate, filling with half the strawberry mixture and all the pudding mixture. Top with remaining COOL WHIP and strawberry mixture.