Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found this recipe years ago on www.kraftfoods.com. It has become a Fourth of July staple in my household. http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/simply-sensational-strawberry-shortcake-92063.aspx
- 1 1⁄4 cups cold milk, divided
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups baking mix
- 3 1⁄2 ounces Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 8 ounces Cool Whip Topping, thawed, divided
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- HEAT oven to 425°F.
- WHISK 1/2 cup milk, sour cream and 3 tablespoons sugar in large bowl until blended. Add baking mix; stir just until moistened. Spread onto bottom of 9-inch round pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 12 to 15 minute or until golden brown. Cool 10 min.; remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
- BEAT pudding mix and remaining milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 minute Stir in half the COOL WHIP. Toss strawberries with 1/3 cup sugar.
- CUT cake horizontally in half; stack layers on plate, filling with half the strawberry mixture and all the pudding mixture. Top with remaining COOL WHIP and strawberry mixture.