Recipe by Epicurean Mom
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry. I wanted to put a twist on the standard breakfast casserole, so I created this south-of-the-border version. This is my go-to recipe for every holiday brunch and when we have out of town guests. I make two and cut them each into 6 pieces for groups. I have received rave reviews from family and friends on this recipe. Enjoy!
- 3 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 4 ounces chorizo sausage, browned and well drained
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (use half as much for dried herbs)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9” pan (I use glass) with cooking spray and press the Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns into the bottom and half way up the sides.
- Add chorizo, green onion & tomato on top of potatoes.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, cumin, cilantro and add salt and pepper to taste. Add about 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese to egg mixture and pour on top of potatoes & vegetables.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then add remaining cheese to top of casserole and bake an additional 20 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Serve with a side of sour cream and Texas toast.