Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Sometimes you just got to have those" boxed hamburger helper type meals", but who says you have to have to use the hamburger ?So, I came up with the idea of using some ground pork that I had in my freezer stash.I used a combo of red and green peppers. Please feel free to change the amounts of peppers and onions according to your family's taste. Submitted to "ZAAR" on July 16th,2008.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 (5 5/8 ounce) boxof beef pasta Hamburger Helper mix for beef pasta
- 3 1⁄4 cups hot water
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add pork,green pepper, and onion.
- Cook until pork is brown and the peppers and onion are slightly tender,drain and return to pan.
- Add water and contents of the hamburger helper box, stirring to combine.
- Bring to a boil, cover with lid and then turn the heat down to a medium/low simmer.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until noodles are done.
- Serve with a veggie or salad and dinner is complete.
Sorry couldn't rate as I used rice based hamburger helper so had to adjust liquid - no fault of recipe. Great Idea to use ground pork rather than hamburger. My version tasted great