Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
Sometimes you just got to have those" boxed hamburger helper type meals", but who says you have to have to use the hamburger ?So, I came up with the idea of using some ground pork that I had in my freezer stash.I used a combo of red and green peppers. Please feel free to change the amounts of peppers and onions according to your family's taste. Submitted to "ZAAR" on July 16th,2008.
Top Review by muffinlady
Sorry couldn't rate as I used rice based hamburger helper so had to adjust liquid - no fault of recipe. Great Idea to use ground pork rather than hamburger. My version tasted great
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 (5 5/8 ounce) boxof beef pasta Hamburger Helper mix for beef pasta
- 3 1⁄4 cups hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add pork,green pepper, and onion.
- Cook until pork is brown and the peppers and onion are slightly tender,drain and return to pan.
- Add water and contents of the hamburger helper box, stirring to combine.
- Bring to a boil, cover with lid and then turn the heat down to a medium/low simmer.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until noodles are done.
- Serve with a veggie or salad and dinner is complete.