1/4 Photos of Simply Sensational Low Fat Strawberry Shortcake
Kozmic Blues's Note:
I wanted to make my father a nice dessert for Father's Day this year. My father loves home made cakes and fresh fruit, my girlfriend LOVES strawberries, and my mom, (whose lost over 75 pounds!) can't have high calorie/fat desserts. This was my attempt to make something to that everyone could enjoy! I adapted this from Kraft Food and Family magazine to make it a bit more figure friendly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup skim milk, divided
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/4 cups Jiffy baking mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package fat free sugar-free instant cheesecake pudding mix (vanilla flavored works too)
- 8 ounces light whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 4 cups strawberries, washed and sliced
- 1/3 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Mix 1/2 cup of the skim milk, sour cream and 3 tbsp sugar in a large bowl.
- 3Stir in the dry biscuit mix until well blended.
- 4Spread evenly into a greased 9-inch round cake pan.
- 5Bake 12-15 minutes or until top is golden.
- 6Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- 7Mix strawberry slices and 1/3 cup Splenda in a bowl and set aside.
- 8Combine the dry pudding mix and remaining 1/2 cup skim milk adn mix well.
- 9Gently stir in half of the whipped topping until well blended.
- 10When cake has cooled, carefully slice in half horizontally to make 2 layers.
- 11Place bottom of cake on a serving plate, and top evenly with half of the strawberry mixture.
- 12Spread top of strawberries with the pudding mixture and top with the top cake layer.
- 13Spread remaining whipped topping on top of cake and top with remaining strawberries.
- 14Serve immediately!
- 15Please store cake leftovers in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Sensational Low Fat Strawberry Shortcake
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.9
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.0 mg
- Sodium 45.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Jiffy baking mix
fat free sugar-free instant cheesecake pudding mix