Recipe by Mommy Diva
This is a recipe my friend Kym showed me - and I have been making it ever since!! It goes great with my Sweet and Sour Meatballs - I serve this as an appetizer when I have guests with a little sweet chili sauce - YUMMY!! Vary amounts depending on the number of wontons you want - the filling is great spread on French bread with cheddar cheese and baked open face too!!
Top Review by Midwest Maven
These were just delicious! I made these for an Asian themed feast birthday party and everyone devoured them. Sorry no picture, they just disappeared way too fast! Definitely a keeper :) thanks. Made for ZWT 6 Queens of Quisine!
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat
- 1 (8 ounce) box cream cheese, softened on counter
- 20 wonton wrappers
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped (walla walla or vidalia preferred)
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons oil, deep enough to cover wontons half way
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften cream cheese on counter while prepping onions and cooking mixture.
- In skillet sauté onions, butter, crab with salt and pepper until onions are translucent.
- Immediately stir hot mixture into softened cream cheese until thoroughly mixed and creamy.
- Spoon small amount of mixture into middle of each wonton.
- Moisten fingertips and apply to edges of wrappers, then press together to close forming a triangular shape (folded in half).
- Bring outer tips together and press to loosely form a pointed fortune cookie shape.
- Heat oil in skillet (medium to medium high), and place wontons in hot oil.
- Turn a couple of times until all sides are lightly golden brown.
- Watch closely as they will turn dark very quickly. ;).
- When done place on a paper towel lined plate to drain; repeat until all are cooked.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce for dipping.