Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a simple roast, seasoned with savory. I brown and bake this in my cast iron dutch oven. It makes great gravy and very tasty sandwiches. I want to thank SnoopyCooks for her suggestion to thicken the gravy with cornstarch, as I forgot that step.
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin roast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon savory
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (coarsely cracked)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- Combine all spices and rub into pork.
- Brown pork in oil and bacon grease.
- Add water and chicken broth, scraping up all the brown bits.
- Cover tightly with foil and a lid.
- Bake at 325* for 45 minute to 1 hour or until temperature reaches 150*.
Followed the recipe to the T. The pork was incredibly juicy, the flavor incredible. Very thin gravy with amazing flavor, suggest thickening with cornstarch. Am putting this in my go to recipe box.
This delicious recipe made a lovely Sunday dinner. I had a 4lb. pork roast so I doubled the spices and broth. I couldn't find savory so I looked up the substitution and used marjoram and sage. I threw some red skinned potatoes in also. The gravy was fabulous! I love recipes with leftovers. I am not cooking tomorrow night!
Hi! I'm not going to rate just yet because I messed up in the cooking instructions. I OVER cooked it and dry,dry,dry. BUT the flavor was FANTASTIC. So, folks, be sure and follow the cooking time instructions. I plan on doing so next time.