Recipe by Penny Stettinius
Simple and a nice side dish for almost anything. Feel free to use either fresh or frozen green beans. I served this with roasted Cornish game hens and pureed winter squashes with orange. Enjoy!
- 3 cups frozen green beans, thawed and drained
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet and then add the olive oil.
- When the oil is nice and hot throw in the green beans and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the spinach and let that wilt down, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the garlic and the butter and stir over low-medium heat. You don't want the garlic to brown but you do want it to cook for about 5-10 minutes and incorporate all the flavors.
- Taste and re-season if needed.
- Remove from the heat and serve!