Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Who would have thought that sardines could be so addictive. I have to confess that when my friend served this at her party I ate half of the pate before anyone else found it.
- 2 (3 3/4 ounce) cansoil packed sardines, drained
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons scallions, finely chopped
- Blend or process sardines, eggs, butter, mayo, lemon and mustard until smooth Stir in celery and scallions and chill.
Very good. I used smoked sardines, and I used probably only half the amount of butter, but this still turned out delicious.
I used 2 tablespoons of plain low fat yogurt instead of the butter, and a couple of dashes of worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. It was terrific!
I did not have anything for sandwiches this morning, and remembered this recipe. Whipped up in a few minutes. Very tasty, even without the scallions, which I just forgot. I also subbed celery leaves for the celery, which I rarely have on hand. This is a great recipe for last minute needs, as you are likely to have the ingredients on-hand.