Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This was given to me by a girl at church. I tried it and couldn't believe how easy and how wonderful it was. The aroma filling the house made us all crazy waiting for it to be ready. It tasted as good as it smelled.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the preserves in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, and cook 10 minutes or until melted.
- Keep warm over low heat.
- Combine salt, oregano, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Rub evenly over pork.
- Place pork on a rack coated with cooking spray; place rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Brush 1/4 cup preserves evenly over pork.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Brush remaining preserves evenly over pork.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 155 degrees.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Very simple and delicious. I forgot to line the baking pan with foil, and as I write this, the pan is still soaking in my kitchen sink. If you make this, don't forget this simple step that will save you some aggravation!
Good but, I doubled the rub based on another's suggestion...which made it a bit much...I will try it as is next time...and there will be a next time!
I thought this was great. I love the flavor the spice and preserve combination gave. I used a 5 1/2lb pork and cooked for 1.5 hours. 45 min then I added preserves then 15 minutes later.