Recipe by BamaKathy
This was given to me by a girl at church. I tried it and couldn't believe how easy and how wonderful it was. The aroma filling the house made us all crazy waiting for it to be ready. It tasted as good as it smelled.
Top Review by ljgriffith11
Very simple and delicious. I forgot to line the baking pan with foil, and as I write this, the pan is still soaking in my kitchen sink. If you make this, don't forget this simple step that will save you some aggravation!
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (3 lb) boneless pork loin, trimmed
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the preserves in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, and cook 10 minutes or until melted.
- Keep warm over low heat.
- Combine salt, oregano, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Rub evenly over pork.
- Place pork on a rack coated with cooking spray; place rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Brush 1/4 cup preserves evenly over pork.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Brush remaining preserves evenly over pork.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 155 degrees.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.