Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Simply roasted with olive oil, Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, the fennel mellows into such an excellent flavor. It doesn't need anything else but can be sprinkled with Parmesan. Serve with grilled lamb and wild mushroom risotto for a perfect dinner.
- 2 fennel bulbs, cleaned and quartered
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss the fennel, olive oil, season with salt and pepper and pop into the oven, uncovered, in a small pan.
- Shake the pan every 15-20 minutes.
- Cook for 45 minutes, or until soft and starting to crisp on the edges.
Your simply roasted fennel is -- quite simply -- delicious. Fennel has been on special this week and I wanted an easy, low-carb recipe (to cater for a teenager on a diet). This was perfect. Used freshly ground pepper and sea salt, and served with a mini pork roast, oven-roasted cherry tomatoes and a green salad. Thanks for posting. Now I need to go buy more fennel.
This was a nice change and something new to do with fennel.