Recipe by Charlotte J
From Parents magazine.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Simply, delicious! I didn't change one thing, except add a sprig of celery to the cavity. This turned out perfectly the timing, the temp, all of it. I really liked the simple of use of just salt (kosher) and pep. here. It's just what the doctor ordered. My DH said, "This is the most wonderful chicken I've ever had!" (he's had lots!) He goes onto say, "This could be a restaurant roasted chicken". Well, there you go, Charlotte - there you go. Thanks! PRMR 2012
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash chicken; pat inside and outside dry with paper towels.
- Rub olive oil over breast, legs and wings.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30 minutes; check to see that the chicken is not browning too fast. If it is getting too brown, cover with aluminum foil.
- Continue roasting 30 more minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let rest 10 minutes before carving or shredding.