1/3 Photos of Simply Rich Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes
1 hr 10 mins
Easy potato dish that's real comfort food! Simple and rich, made fresh at home with common pantry ingredients. Never buy a box of Betty Crockers Scalloped Potatoes again! Easy to halve the measurements to make a 4 serving size.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Use a big pot.
- 2Saute chopped onions in margarine til soft but not browned.
- 3In small bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper.
- 4Stir flour mixture into onion mixture then add milk and half and half and stir and cook over medium heat until mixture begins to thicken (about 3 minutes).
- 5Turn off heat.
- 6Add 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar to the sauce and stir til melted and smooth.
- 7Add sliced potatoes and stir well to combine.
- 8Pour mixture into a 9 by 13 casserole dish that you have sprayed with Pam.
- 9Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven, take foil off and sprinkle reserved 1/2 cup cheese over top (or more as desired).
- 11Return to oven to bake another 30 minutes or so or until potatoes are soft, cheese is melted and edges begin to lightly brown.
- 12Let stand a few minutes before serving to allow sauce to thicken.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Rich Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.0
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 58.4 mg
- Sodium 573.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 16.4 g