1/3 Photos of Simply Rich Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes
1 hr 10 mins
Easy potato dish that's real comfort food! Simple and rich, made fresh at home with common pantry ingredients. Never buy a box of Betty Crockers Scalloped Potatoes again! Easy to halve the measurements to make a 4 serving size.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Use a big pot.
- 2Saute chopped onions in margarine til soft but not browned.
- 3In small bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper.
- 4Stir flour mixture into onion mixture then add milk and half and half and stir and cook over medium heat until mixture begins to thicken (about 3 minutes).
- 5Turn off heat.
- 6Add 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar to the sauce and stir til melted and smooth.
- 7Add sliced potatoes and stir well to combine.
- 8Pour mixture into a 9 by 13 casserole dish that you have sprayed with Pam.
- 9Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven, take foil off and sprinkle reserved 1/2 cup cheese over top (or more as desired).
- 11Return to oven to bake another 30 minutes or so or until potatoes are soft, cheese is melted and edges begin to lightly brown.
- 12Let stand a few minutes before serving to allow sauce to thicken.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Rich Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.0
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 58.4 mg
- Sodium 573.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 16.4 g